[lkb] Getting Parse results from LKB

Bernhard Fisseni bfi at ikp.uni-bonn.de
Tue Oct 17 13:22:17 CEST 2006

Dear Ann,

Scripsit Ann Copestake diē 17.10.2006 0:23:
> unfortunately I don't know whether there's any way of getting
> something better in terms of an error message.  That sort of thing is
> Lisp specific and I haven't tried SBCL.  If the small grammar works in
> MacOS, then I'd be inclined to think it's just the way that the memory
> symptom shows up in Mac vs Linux.  I don't think anyone on developers
> will laugh if you post that, and it might be useful info, but I also
> can't promise you'll get much help - it'd only be if someone with a
> Mac is prepared to play with SBCL.  Probably easiest to start with the
> Linux version and see whether you can figure out how to recompile SBCL
> - Ben posted something which suggested he'd found instructions on how
> to do it, and if you can't work it out, maybe the SBCL crowd could
> help.  (If you do work it out, let us know, so we can put instructions
> on the Wiki, or register and do that yourself!)

It seems that what was meant to be a short test is evolving into
something more ;-).  I'll first try LSP which Stephan sent (because if
it works, we can stay with the “official” builds), and have a look at
the Delphin and the SBCL developers' list archive, for lack of time
probably only this weekend (because I'd like to have LKB running on my
Mac natively and possibly be able to play with changing it).

Google only knows of two recent  mentions of "fake_foreign_call fell
through" in chats, so it might have to do with the pretty new Intel Mac
version, I guess.

Another problem is that the scripts for loading GG set some values (like
"LAST-PARSES"), which aren't initialised if I load LKB in SBCL; I've
tried to guess appropriate values, but maybe I've messed up something,
that's why I've tried to load ERG first (i.e. get a working SBCL version
able to load big grammars).

Thanks again for your quick and helpful replies,
Bernhard