[lkb] cannot load grammar interactively

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Mon Aug 3 07:57:28 CEST 2009

G'day,

> The file loading dialog of Load -> Complete Grammar doesn't allow me to open any
> directory or file. When I open the dialog or double-click any file, I get error
> messages like these:
>
> Warning: Xt:
>    Name: Text
>    Class: XmTextField
>    Character '\57' not supported in font.  Discarded.
>
> Double-clicks on directories/files or clicks on directories/files followed by
> "Ok" are ignored.
>
> This is on Ubuntu 9.04. Francis had the same problem which he could fix by
> uninstalling the ttf-arphic-uming package, but that didn't help in my case. Does
> anyone know how to fix this?

It's not really a fix, more of a work around, but you can load the
grammar from lisp:
(lkb::read-script-file-aux "path/to/lkb/script")
If you use the lkb-mode, then there is a helpful shortcut 'C-c g'.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies