[matrix] Pronoun Relations

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 13:22:29 CET 2007

we talked about this in Norway.  It is inconsistent with supporting any
standard approach to anaphora resolution, which is something we have to do.
if you want to make this change, therefore, you have to come up with an
algorithm for anaphora resolution which will work when there are no overt
pronouns to resolve.

sfd at u.washington.edu said:
> What's more, having
>  pronoun relations in the MRSs of only some languages is troublesome for our
>  MT system, requiring rather elaborate transfer rules.

I'm afraid that once you go above very small scale systems, you'll find the
need for elaborate transfer rules in many places, so this is not a persuasive
argument.

Ann