[matrix] Pronoun Relations

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 1 20:27:14 CET 2007

I believe the starting point in the discussion in Norway was what to
do about pronoun relations for *dropped* arguments.  Here's the link
to the notes from that discussion:

http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/FeforDroppedArguments

I'm still not clear on what information is available in the
pronoun_rel that is not already available from the index itself (say,
in combination with the feature PRON_TYPE).  Furthermore, I resist the
idea that putting in pronoun relations in the case of dropped
arguments is the right path.  In general, we need an algorithm for
anaphora resolution which will work when there are no overt pronouns
in languages like Japanese.

Emily