[matrix] Adding adjectives to the lexicon in LKB

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de
Sat Jan 27 20:59:48 CET 2007

Hi,

> To my knowledge, Shravan Vasishth along with Stefan Mueller are working on
> a Hindi grammar using LKB at the University of Bremen.

In principle this is right, but we are using Trale:

http://www.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/hpsg/archive/projects/trale/

So our results will not be directly transferable to LKB. For instance
the account of nominative-verb-agreement uses relational constraints
that find the first nominative element in a list.

If you can read German, you can read about this in this textbook:

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Pub/hpsg-lehrbuch.html

If you do not, the ultimate book about agreement in HPSG is:

@Book{WZ2003a,
  author      =	{Stephen Mark Wechsler and Larisa Zlati{\'c}},
  title	      =	{The Many Faces of Agreement},
  series      =	{Stanford Monographs in Linguistics},
  publisher   =	cslip,
  address     =	{Stanford},
  year	      =	2003
}

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

	Stefan Müller

--
Stefan Müller

Universität Bremen/Fachbereich 10      Tel: (+49) (+421) 218-8601
Postfach 33 04 40
D-28334 Bremen

http://www.stefan-müller.net/

http://www.stefan-müller.net/Babel/Interaktiv/