[matrix] Is there a simpler version of ERG?

jin norman nii2awh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:09:58 CET 2009

Hi All,

  When I read through matrix.tdl, I found only fundamental grammar rules and
lexical types. I know one goal of grammar matrix is language independent,
and that's the reason why only several POS types there. But, I'm wondering
if it will be better to present a little more complicated grammar (of
English) than the minimal grammar provided in the homepage of grammar matrix
-- of course, it should be much more simpler than ERG.
  Of course, the grammar matrix is good start point. However, since people
who learn the grammar matrix probably know a little English (or German?),
thus a little more complicated grammar (or, a very simple version of ERG)
may be helpful.

Best regards,
Norman