[matrix] Some suggestions for the Matrix

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:22:19 CET 2009

G'day,

I was looking at making the KRG a little more Matrix compliant, and noticed
a couple of places where I think the default Matrix files should be
different.  Nothing very urgent or important, but they may help make the
next version even better.

(i) mark the script as
;; -*- Mode: LISP; Syntax: Common-Lisp; Package: LKB; Coding: utf-8 -*-
We have parse examples, so it should be utf-8.

(ii) rename "mrsglobals.lisp" to "mrsglobals.lsp"
Get rid of a historical idiosyncracy

(iii) Encoding should be utf-8 by default (possibly commented out)

globals.lsp
(grammar-encoding 'utf-8)
(setf cdb::*cdb-ascii-p* nil)

global.set
encoding := utf-8.

lexicon.tdl
;;; -*- Mode: TDL; Coding: utf-8 -*-

(iv) I think preprocessor.fsr has to be in the root directory, as it is used
by both the lkb and pet.
it should also be read by pet:
global.set
;; 'preprocessor': FSPP rule file
preprocessor := "preprocessor.fsr".

(v) I like my syntax coloring, so I would add this to pet/*.set
;;; -*- Mode: TDL; -*-

yours in search of unity,

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>