[matrix] Free word order handling in logon for sanskrit

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Tue Jun 9 17:53:26 CEST 2015

Dear Prateek,

Perhaps a good place to start is the analysis of free word order provided
by the Grammar Matrix customization system.  If you visit the Grammar
Matrix questionnaire here:

http://www.delph-in.net/matrix/customize/matrix.cgi

... you can specify properties that you would like in a (starter) grammar,
including
free word order.  The resulting grammar that you can download will still
use lists to encode the argument requirements of each head, but will provide
phrase structure rules which can combine those arguments with the head in
any order.

You can find some further information about this system on the Grammar
Matrix project web page:

http://www.delph-in.net/matrix/

in the MatrixDoc pages:

http://moin.delph-in.net/MatrixDocTop

as well as in the course web page for my grammar engineering course:

http://courses.washington.edu/ling567/

Please feel free to send follow-up questions to the Matrix mailing list:
matrix at delph-in.net, which you can subscribe to here:

Emily

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Prateek Saxena <prateeksaxena2809 at gmail.com

--