[pet] [developers] Whoa, missed someting, sorry

Bernd Kiefer kiefer at dfki.de
Mon Apr 14 10:43:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

> i think the strategy sketched by zhang yi is a good solution: add the
> necessary code to extract (and serialize) MRSs from parsing results,
> but avoid incorporating MRS-level functionality that is not directly
> related to parsing.  scope resolution, MRS comparison, dependencies,
> and in my view also conversion to RMRS fall into the latter category.
> maybe in terms of a mid-term goal we can envision an MRS processor, a
> separate component that provides more sophisticated functionality?  i
> guess a mildly modified LKB binary could do that, as a starting point.

that would be my suggestion, too. Having an MRS postprocessor as a
separate binary (maybe built with ecl or sbcl) that serves the needs of
the MRS consumers would be much nicer than having to integrate it
tightly with PET.

> in conclusion, my suggestion would be to have two standard formats of
> MRS serialization modes, XML (probably best for use in the HoG and the
> like) and `simple' (for bulk use in [incr tsdb()] and LOGON).  can you
> agree to that strategy (i could possibly add and maintain the PET code
> for `simple')?

thank you for volunteering!

Bernd

Bernd Kiefer       DFKI GmbH, Stuhlsatzenhausweg, D-66123 Saarbruecken
kiefer at dfki.de     +49-681/302-5301 (phone)     +49-681/3025338  (fax)
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vor-
                     sitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313