[pet] [developers] Punctuation and "-default-les" type mapping in PET/ERG

Dan Flickinger danf at csli.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 14 05:02:29 CEST 2008

Hi Richard -

> I call CHEAP as follows:
>
> nice -n 40 $DELPHINHOME/pet/bin/cheap \
>    -results=10 \
>    -nsolutions=5 \
>    -limit=12288 \
>    -packing=15 \
>    -mrs=rmrx \
>    -tok=smaf \
>    -default-les \
>    $DELPHINHOME/erg/english.grm

When I execute this with the current CVS head revision of the ERG, I get
the following warning messages:

WARNING: please set 'smaf-conf' in PET config file
WARNING: falling back to built-in default SMAF config:

Then when I try to parse the sample input that you sent, I get the
following error message (and a bunch more after that):

ERROR: [SAXParseException] Exception message is:
Invalid document structure

Do you have some private additions to the config files in your version
of the ERG, and if so, can you send me the diff of your version of the
ERG relative to the CVS version?  I would like to be able to reproduce
the warnings you're getting.

Thanks.

 Dan