[pet] Is it possible to build PET on OS X?

Bill McNeill (UW) billmcn at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 8 23:16:33 CEST 2008

I am trying to run PET on OS X.  I downloaded pet-0.99.12.tar.gz from
http://pet.opendfki.de/.  When I tried to run the configure script I saw the
following:

$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
lkb: unknown Linux kernel version (check `uname -r'); exit.

The issue is the value returned by 'uname -r'.  On OS X it's this

$ uname -r
8.11.1

but the relevant switch statement in the configure script only recognizes
kernel version numbers of the form 2.4* and 2.6*.

Can anyone suggest workarounds?  Has anyone compiled this for OS X?  OS X is
generally Linux compliant, so it seems like it should be possible to make
this work.

Thanks.

--
Bill McNeill