[pet] [HoG] Spanish Language

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Tue Oct 20 04:33:04 CEST 2009

2009/10/19 Sikorsky, Aleksey <a.sikorsky at itransition.com>:
> Hi Ulrich,
>

> Thank you very much for quick response!  We are trying to follow your
> recommendations regarding FreeLing  and PET + SRG, but for the moment we
> have the problem with PET + SRG:

[snip]

> Yes, we see there is no lexicon entries for the entities above, but what’s
> done wrong? Maybe the grammar data is incomplete?
>
> Could you please give us a little note regarding this issue: whether the
> latest SRG is available somewhere?

The SRG needs its input to be morphologically analysed by freeling, it
doesn't take raw text as input.  The ERG can take either raw text or
text analysed by tnt.

> P.S. Could you also give me the contact emails of Montserrat and Luis? It
> would be also nice to know how the origin grammar file was created(maybe it
> was porting from real language dictionaries(somehow automated) or was
> developed by hand) .

There is more information on the SRG here, it also has a link to
Montse's contact details (plus I have CCed her).

http://www.upf.edu/pdi/iula/montserrat.marimon/spanish_resource_grammar.html

I hope this helps,

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies