[pet] (Also style guide comments) Re: Poll to identify actively used functionality in PET

Simon Spero ses at unc.edu
Tue Jul 6 23:54:44 CEST 2010

This is a stupid but related (in my brain) question:

Is the cm branch going to become the trunk?  It feels like it's been the de
facto trunk for a while.

Also, the style guide section on naming conventions seems to be
self-inconsistent:

   - Method and local Variable names adhere to the C standard: small with
   underscores to separate multi-word names

v.

   - Capitalize only the first letter in acronyms
      - loadXmlDocument()
      - loadXMLDocument()

(I personally prefer the initalLowercamelCase method/variable style as used
in the loadXml example, but the examples aren't consistent with the '_'
rule).

Also, if there's refactoring in the air, might it be possible to get rid of
some of the global variables like tGrammar *Grammar  (in cheap.cpp).  (hey,
the names have to change to fit the naming conventions :-)

Thanks

Simon