[pet] [developers] Consolidation of PET documentation

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Wed Oct 27 09:20:59 CEST 2010

hi bernd,

thanks for putting effort into PET documentation!  i am a little
concerned about loosing revision history (including authorship
records) when moving things out of the DELPH-IN wiki, and i wonder
about edit policies: at present it appears i cannot change wiki
content at the DFKI site, not even when logged in using my TRAC
credentials?

this is a dufficult balance, in my view: in general, i think we want
to enable all users to contribute to the wiki.  on the other hand, we
may opt to be more restrictive about select pages, where we feel some
level of ‘authorative’ documentation is called foe.  on the DELPH-
IN wiki, we have at times used per-page access control lists for this.

so, are there technical reasons not to consolidate (user
documentation) in the DELPH-IN wiki instead, i wonder?

best wishes, oe