[pet] [developers] Consolidation of PET documentation

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Wed Oct 27 09:38:12 CEST 2010

G'day,

On 27 October 2010 15:20, Stephan Oepen <oe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
> hi bernd,
> thanks for putting effort into PET documentation!  i am a little concerned
> about loosing revision history (including authorship records) when moving
> things out of the DELPH-IN wiki, and i wonder about edit policies: at
> present it appears i cannot change wiki content at the DFKI site, not even
> when logged in using my TRAC credentials?
> this is a dufficult balance, in my view: in general, i think we want to
> enable all users to contribute to the wiki.  on the other hand, we may opt
> to be more restrictive about select pages, where we feel some level of
> ‘authorative’ documentation is called foe.  on the DELPH-IN wiki, we have at
> times used per-page access control lists for this.
>
> so, are there technical reasons not to consolidate (user documentation) in
> the DELPH-IN wiki instead, i wonder?
> best wishes, oe

I must admit, that given a choice I would prefer to have the
documentation on the DELPH-In wiki
 * I am used to the moinmoin stuff
 * I often want to crosslink to other DELPH-IN pages
 * more people have DELPH-IN accounts than opendfki accounts.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies