[developers] locale etc

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 23:15:43 CEST 2005

As it happens, I was talking to Francis about encoding today.  Does anyone have
a proposal that would allow us to make people's lives simpler when they start
developing grammars or running existing grammars?  Could we release the LKB in
a version that was more friendly out of the box than the current set up?
There's a separate question of adapting the emacs, but it is very useful if
people can get a running LKB without using emacs when they start off, at least.
(Also bearing in mind that we don't want to complicate life for Windows users.)

Also, has anyone sent a bug report to Franz re not being able to enter Japanese
characters etc in dialogue boxes?  I assume it is a bug.