[developers] No latex/postscrip output from LUI

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:25:16 CEST 2005

G'day,

I am using a slightly out of date LKB out of fear of the recent itsdb
changes, on an up-to-date ubuntu 5.10 "breezy badger".   The printing
works fine from LUI, testing with the JACY grammar.  As far as I can
recall, it also worked fine with 5.04 "hoary".

> I am using the latest Lkb (from Oct 5) with LUI enabled on Linux Ubuntu.
> The problem is that when I try to save views as latex or postscript I do
> not seem to get any files saved. As I understand it they are supposed to
> turn up in the tmp folder, but they do not, and nowhere else either. I
> then saw that I am supposed to attach the log file
> (/tmp/yzlui.debug.username) when I report a bug, but unfortunately there
> is no log file, not in the tmp directory, and not elsewhere in the
> filesystem either.

BTW, the LaTeX uses avm.sty and qobitree.tex.  Should we add these to
the packaged files somewhere and/or add a comment in the printout?  Or
is this overkill?  In any case, I added a note about which style files
you need to the wiki (LuiUi).

--
Francis Bond  <www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/icl/mtg/members/bond/>
NTT Communication Science Laboratories | Machine Translation Research Group