[developers] PET output of MRS in XML and derivations?

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 15:30:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

is it possible to get MRS/XML output out of PET?  The LKB functionality is now
there, so presumably it's just a matter of invoking it, but I don't know
whether anyone has incorporated that as an option.  Is there a way of also
getting the lexical items used in a parse - e.g., derivation structures?  If
so, would someone let me know how, please (preferably just telling me what to
type in - I won't be worried that anyone will underestimates my competence
with PET ...)

The background to this is experiments an MPhil student here has been doing on
machine learning generator trigger rules.  Up till now, he's worked with the
LKB, but larger scale experiments would be useful.  The lexical items output
is needed so we can work out which null semantics items are involved in the
parse.