[developers] [itsdb] parse big corpus with itsdb

Eric Nichols eric-n at is.naist.jp
Mon Nov 13 05:57:00 CET 2006

Greetings,

On 11/13/06, Timothy Baldwin <tim at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>

> > I can build the newest pet under Ubuntu dapper and edgy with autoconf
> 2.60
> > and automake 1.9. It sounds like your problems are being caused by how
> > autoconf is being called. When I rebuild the configuration script, I
> usually
> > call
> > aclocal followed by autoconf. aclocal takes care of setting all of the
> > version-
> > related flags in the configuration file based on version information
> pulled
> > from
> > your system. You might want to try calling aclocal before calling
> autoconf.
>
> This was very helpful, and resolved the problems with autoconf and
> automake. I was then missing the files:

Glad to help out.

depcomp
> missing
>
> in the top PET directory, which I hackily copied across from an old PET
> build,
> and off we went ... until we tripped up on s-xml:

> ;      - Source file not found. Not compiling file
> ;        "/nlptools/delphin/lkb-src/src/s-xml/src/package.lisp"
> ;      - Source file /nlptools/delphin/lkb-src/src/s-xml/src/package.lisp
> not
> ;        found, not loading.Source file
> "/nlptools/delphin/lkb-src/src/s-xml/src/package.lisp" do not exist.
> Broken at MAKE::LOAD-FILE-OPERATION.
> >>

> which doesn't seem to be checked in to CVS (Ben?). This is after having
> specified --without-xml in configure, but I guess this option isn't passed
> as
> far as the interface with the LKB.

As I understand it, the xml related-flags in the configure script just
enable (or disable)
linking in libxerces to do XML parsing/generation in PET; it doesn't have
any effect on
what LKB code is built.

Are you sure you really do have the latest LKB source code? If you try
installing the
lkb-src package on your ubuntu machine, you will get a copt of the LKB
source I  used
to build my PET packages. That package does include the s-xml code. In any
event,
your error message says that LKB expects that code to be there since it has
a system
file.

--
--Eric Nichols