[developers] [itsdb] parse big corpus with itsdb

Eric Nichols eric-n at is.naist.jp
Mon Nov 13 07:53:06 CET 2006

Greetings,

On 11/13/06, Timothy Baldwin <tim at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> > As I understand it, the xml related-flags in the configure script just
> > enable (or disable)
> > linking in libxerces to do XML parsing/generation in PET; it doesn't
> have
> > any effect on
> > what LKB code is built.
> >
> > Are you sure you really do have the latest LKB source code? If you try
> > installing the
> > lkb-src package on your ubuntu machine, you will get a copt of the LKB
> > source I  used
> > to build my PET packages. That package does include the s-xml code. In
> any
> > event,
> > your error message says that LKB expects that code to be there since it
> has
> > a system
> > file.
>
> Curioser and curioser ... s-xml was indeed there in the ubuntu package,
> and
> yet CVS obstinately refused to admit its existence until I did a clean
> checkout. Either way, everything compiles beautifully now in 64-bit mode
> (without the memory map) and seems to be working happily. Thanks for the
> help!

I'd be very interested in seeing comparisons between the output of 32-bit
and 64-bit cheap.
Francis and I took a look at this earlier this year, and we were getting
different enough MRS
that we decided to avoid using 64-bit cheap for the time being. This was
something that was
also discussed at the last developers meeting, but as far as I know, I don't
think anybody has
been working on 64-bit PET after that.

Not to discourage your efforts, of course ^_^

Eric

Tim

--
--Eric Nichols