[developers] PET XML input and [incr tsdb()]

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 06:57:48 CET 2007

G'day,

On 2/12/07, Rebecca Dridan <bec.dridan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>

> I've attached the debug output. It's not saying much to me, so I hope
> you can help. At the point I copied that, [incr tsdb()] was still saying
> 2% processed and doing nothing.

As I recall, and the wiki confirms,  xml input mode seemd to require
two empty lines at the end of the input file appear necessary, at
least when piping data into PET.   I think it may be the case that one
PIC per line doesn't actually work (at least I recall having various
problems).

I suspect your local experts (Ulrich and Bernd) probably know most
about this, although not necessarily about interaction with itsdb.

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
NICT Computational Linguistics Group