[developers] PET XML input and [incr tsdb()]

Rebecca Dridan bec.dridan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:40:26 CET 2007

I tried adding "\n\n" at the end of the i-input field, but apart from
the side effect that I can no longer browse the input items (presumably
because it can't show more than one line) it didn't have any effect.
What I have found is that if I cancel a Process All run (with Ctrl-G
Ctrl-G) and then run it again, the run finishes but gives no readings
(whether the newlines are in the input field or not). I thought perhaps
PET needs to be told EOF? But the only way I could think of to test this
was:

echo -ne '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <pet-input-chart> <!--
</pet-input-chart>\n\n' | /usr/local/bin/cheap -tok=xml_counts
-packing=7 -verbose=4 -default-les /home/delphin/erg/english.grm

and that works just fine (gives 5 readings). Does anyone know some way
of forcing an EOF in the input field? Any other ideas? I assume no one
else has tried to do this before. Maybe it's just not possible?

Rebecca