[developers] PET Installation

Christopher Rupp Christopher.Rupp at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 15 14:24:42 CET 2008

Hi,

Christopher.Rupp at cl.cam.ac.uk said:
> Is there an obvious way of adapting the configure file in the PET release to
> work with an installed version of ECL? (I've got ecl-0.9j freshly installed.)

I'm sorry. I should have read the documentation more closely. I missed the
reference to specific ecl versions. Fortunately (and as a result of my last
hasty message), I was able to locate sources for an obsolete version: ecl-0.9h
and to integrate that into the make for pet.

However, I'm still at a loss on how to create the mrs.h/rmrs/h file mentioned
on the Wiki. As a clue, the content of lkb/include is not affected by executed
by executing:

echo "(load \"src/general/loadup.lisp\") (compile-system \"mrs\" :force t)" |
ecl

remaining as:

CVS/  itsdb.h  pvm3.h

Though, there are some object files generated under lkb/scr/.ecl

Is there a another way of generating the header file? I suspect that this is
what is missing as the RMRS results are still empty.

Thanks, in advance, for any help with this.

Cheers.

C.J.