[developers] How do I read HoG (R)MRS output with utool?

Ulrich Schaefer ulrich.schaefer at dfki.de
Mon Aug 4 11:23:08 CEST 2008

Bill McNeill (UW) schrieb:
> Is there some way to view the output of HoG PET in utool?

Hi Bill,
in the version of Utool I tried (3.1.1), there was no RMRS input module
available.

However, Utool can read a variant of MRX (MRS in XML syntax).

This format can be produced by recent PETs (command line option
-mrs=mrx), and the output needs to be transformed using the XSL
stylesheet xsl/mrx/mrx2utool.xsl contained in the HoG source tree:

xsltproc xsl/mrx/mrx2utool.xsl pet-mrx-file.xml > utool-mrx-file.xml

The resulting XML file can then be opened and displayed in Utool.

To produce MRX in HoG (standard workflow for English), change the output
mode in conf/en/modules/pet.cfg to  -mrs=mrx (in line pet.options=...)
and disable the RmrsMerge module in conf/en/sessions/default.cfg

best,
-Uli

--
Dr.-Ing. Ulrich Schaefer http://dfki.de/~uschaefer phone:+496813025154
    DFKI Language Technology Lab, D-66123 Saarbruecken, Germany