[developers] Do we need to load a grammar to do parse ranking?

Stephan Oepen stephan.oepen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 07:40:55 CEST 2009

hi bill,

as you say, feature caching obviously requires the grammar.  it might
well be the case that the grid search and training steps would work
fine without the grammar (but there could also be some silly
dependencies that i'm overlooking just now).  if you want to know,
just give it a shot and post the results of that experiment.  in the
larger scheme, however, i doubt that the savings in time or memory
will be significant (well, memory maybe, if one's already tip-toeing
around the limits of avalaible hardware).

best, oe

On Jul 14, 2009, at 6:43 AM, "W.P. McNeill (UW)" <billmcn at u.washington.edu