[developers] Memory problems in LOGON batch mode but not interactive mode?

Eric Nichols ericnichols79 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:46:27 CEST 2009

Greetings,

I am trying to load a large number  (~100,000) of mtrs in LOGON's
batch mode and the lisp process consistently dies about halfway
through after it has consumed around 1.3 gigs of memory according to
the gc messages. However, the exact same setup works fine in
interactive mode, and the lisp process uses over 3 gigs of memory.
Does anyone know if there are any drastic differences in memory usage/
limitations in batch mode and interactive mode? I am calling batch as
follows:

$ unset DISPLAY && unset LUI && $LOGONROOT/batch --binary --jaen --
ascii tanaka-000.jaen.aa

I do not have a lisp license, so I cannot try this without --binary. I
have attached the log for your reference.

Thanks,

Eric Nichols