[developers] Fwd: HPSG implementations

Valia Kordoni kordoni at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Mon Feb 8 14:51:18 CET 2010

Hi Stefan,

I thought that 'wars' were trendy till the end of the '90s, and that the
nots were dedicated to cross-fertilisation of fields, theories, ideas,
etc. :-)

But if it has to be the way you are presenting it below: then in my very
humble opinion one should not ommit the work of Ed Stabler

http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/people/stabler

http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/people/stabler/writing.html

and

http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/people/stabler/coding.html

There you find all his software and papers on the implementation of MGs,
which I think you might want to make reference to.

Cheers,
Valia

P.S. The MGRG also has a page:

http://www.delph-in.net/mgrg/

You asked for 'prominent' pubs. Here are a Springer and an EACL one:

1. Kordoni, Valia and Julia Neu. 2005. Deep Analysis of Modern Greek. In
Keh-Yih Su, Jun'ichi Tsujii, Jong-Hyeok Lee, et al. (eds.), Lecture Notes
in Computer Science, Volume 3248 / 2005, pp. 674 - 683. Springer-Verlag
Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN 3-540-24475-1.

2. Kordoni, Valia. 2003. The key role of semantics in the development of
large-scale grammars of natural language. In Proceedings of EACL 03, 10th
Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational
Linguistics, Research Notes and Demos, April 12-17, 2003, Budapest,
Hungary.

PD Dr. Valia Kordoni,
Computational Linguistics-Saarland University,
P.O. Box 15 11 50, 66041 Saarbruecken, Germany and
LT-Lab DFKI GmbH
Tel: +49 681 302 4682
Fax: +49 681 302 4700
E-mail: kordoni at coli.uni-sb.de