[developers] PET regression testing

Bernd Kiefer kiefer at dfki.de
Fri Jul 8 12:40:16 CEST 2011

Hi all,

sorry for coming back with the same things again and again, but i'm
in desperate need for a means of doing regression tests with PET.

In my PET source tree, there are quite a lot of changes lying around
(among them an updated version of -tdsbdump, which might be interesting
to Francis) which i don't dare checking in because i'm not sure if
the old functionality is preserved.

I'd be happy if somebody would give me an *easy* way to do that, or
would be willing to do the tests, given she/he has already set up
something, maybe for a different purpose.

I hate to say that, but with the very limited amount of time i can
invest in the development of PET, not having an automatic test harness
that does free more human resources than it requires, brings my
efforts almost to a halt.

Any volunteers to work on that (maybe collaborately)?

Enough whining for today,

	Bernd

Bernd Kiefer     DFKI GmbH,  Stuhlsatzenhausweg,  D-66123 Saarbruecken
kiefer at dfki.de   +49-681/85775-5301 (phone)   +49-681/85775-5338 (fax)
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vor-
                     sitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313