[developers] Contents of developers Digest, Vol 85, Issue 1

liling tan alvations at gmail.com
Sat May 19 17:19:24 CEST 2012

Dear all,

As an interim solution, Yi Zhang has suggested to fall-back to 2009-02-22
build.

Possibly it's because some of our ubuntu builds included the adobe font
which Allegro can fallback to, so it works and some of the machines without
the adobe font fall-back into "asian" character font.

I've tried a fresh installation with the latest installation script and,
for my own machine, when loading lkb it manage to fall back to several
fonts and ultimately ends at:

-adobe-symbol-medium-r-normal--0-0-75-75-p-0-adobe-fontspecific

at http://shrib.com/Tf3D6Ja1):

Warning: Fallback font
         -adobe-symbol-medium-r-normal--0-0-75-75-p-0-adobe-fontspecific,
         for character set 32, matches with XListFonts,
but is not loadable by XLoadFont or XQueryFont.  Something may be wrong
         with the X font
setup.

but up till now all the grammars load fine and the "View" and "Parse"
functions are also working fine.

Regards,
liling