[developers] bulk export from tsdb

Megan Schneider caelum at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 23:14:40 CEST 2012

Greetings,

I have been attempting to use the redwoods script in logon to bulk export
tsdb results with a slightly modified ERG that is sitting in the terg
directory. The only difference between it and the normal ERG is a modified
labels file. I can get the instructions at
http://moin.delph-in.net/ItsdbTreebanking/ItsdbExporting to work but while
that works for a single export, it does use enough memory to force me to
restart the stack after each export. The link at the bottom of that page
with reference to bulk exporting is http://moin.delph-in.net/RedwoodsTop,
which seems to point to http://moin.delph-in.net/WeScience and the section
on exporting using the redwoods script. I have tried several variations but
don't actually have an idea of what the full usage of the script is. This
is somewhat complicated by having the tsdb data in a completely separate
directory (it's living on my storage array). The --terg option appears to
set the tsdb home to $LOGONROOT/lingo/terg/tsdb/gold, so I symlinked that
to the appropriate storage array directory that actually contains the data
I want.
I've tried
./redwoods --binary --terg --target <output directory> --export
derivation,tree,mrs <tsdb test suite instance name>
but again I have no idea if this is actually correct usage. I have attached
the output from running the command; it ends with:
 TSNLP(9): Error: Illegal keyword given: :BLINDP.
  [condition type: PROGRAM-ERROR]
and I have no idea where to go from there. If anyone has any clues, I'd
very much appreciate them. Especially if anyone knows how to do a
bulk/command-line export, with or without the redwoods script.

Thanks,
Megan Schneider