[developers] MRS origami^H^H^H monotonicity and reduplication

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Wed Aug 19 23:42:09 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I was just speaking with Woodley and filling him in on the Linguistic
Analysis
Design session from the Sunday after DELPH-IN and in particular the
discussion
of A-not-A questions in Chinese:

http://moin.delph-in.net/LADChineseAnotA

Woodley pointed out that Berthold is doing something akin to Guy's
suggestion
about unifying EPs for reduplication in Hausa, and that it works fine in
parsing
but requires some creative use of trigger rules in generation.  I'm still
interested
in the answer to the monotonicity question, but I'm also interested to hear
more
about the analysis in HaG.  Berthold, can you describe it?

Emily

--
Emily M. Bender
Professor, Department of Linguistics