[developers] Reduplication in morpholgy

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Tue Sep 8 15:28:34 CEST 2015

G'day,

we are working with a couple of languages where we would like to be
able to write lexical rules that do things like:

Take a two character word in Chinese (AB)
AB -> ABAB
AB -> AABB
AB -> AAB
AB -> ABXAB (where X is fixed by the rule)
AB -> AXAB
AB -> AXB

Take a one character word (A):
A -> AA
A -> AXA
A -> AAX

In Indonesian we want to take an arbitrary word and produce a duplicate
w -> w-w   (kasus -> kasus-kasus)

More examples here:
http://moin.delph-in.net/LADChineseReduplication
and
http://moin.delph-in.net/LADChineseAnotA

Is this (or some of this) possible with the DELPH-IN tools?  If so,
can someone explain how to do it (or point to a paper or website that
tells us how to do it)?

Thanks in advance,

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies