[developers] Empty file named ... at logon/uio/test/logs/

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Tue Oct 6 19:06:58 CEST 2015

Out of curiosity I tried creating a file named "..." under Windows.  It
didn't give me an error, but the file didn't seem to exist, except that I
couldn't create a directory with the same name ("file or directory exists.")

I was able to create one under cygwin, but the Windows command prompt again
didn't show it and gave "access denied" when I tried to look at it.

It's a valid filename in Linux, but clearly there's something weird about
how Windows handles it.

--
D. Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics