[developers] Detecting quantifiers in *MRS

Ann Copestake aac10 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 1 17:27:19 CET 2016

Hmm - I think what this points out generally is that we should be clear
about the status of the configuration files and provide a mechanism for
exporting relevant values for use by code such as pyDelphin (since it
doesn't have the same direct access as the Lisp code etc).  So it would
maybe make sense to export this sort of configuration as part of the SEM-I?

In terms of reliable signal for this specific case, yes, I would use
"RSTR".  Because of the way the type system operates, I think it
unlikely there will be a problem of grammar writers accidentally also
using it for things other than quantifiers.  There's no real point
trying to make _q_rel work as identification instead because the code
anyway needs to know the quantifiers' feature names in some contexts.
RSTR should be added to the mrsglobal file - I'll do that.

Ann