[developers] unicode in lui window titles

Joshua Crowgey jcrowgey at uw.edu
Mon Feb 19 22:05:00 CET 2018

Hello developers,

I find that when I look at a parse result using LUI and LKB, the
characters used in the tree display and in the semantics (in a Simple
MRS display) look great, but the window-title leaves a bit to be desired.

Of course, it's not a very big deal since the important part is the
content of the window, not its title, but if there's some easy fix that
you all may know of, I would be happy to hear about it.

I attach three screenshots as an example.  In one, I'm showing the the
top of a terminal emulator which has a pwd that's a Lushootseed
sentence.  This is just to show that generally, the window titles on my
system look fine even with Unicode (I'm using i3wm on debian --- I don't
know if that's relevant).  Then, the other two show a parse result.  You
can see that the text in the tree nodes and in the semantic relations is
fine, but the window title has a lot of tofu.

I'm not skilled enough with LISP to fix this myself in any reasonable
amount of time, so I thought I'd ask the experts.

Tyty!

--
Joshua Crowgey