[developers] unicode in lui window titles

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Mon Feb 19 22:15:25 CET 2018

hi joshua,

not sure the expert is at their desk already, but i doubt this problem
originates on the lisp side.  i rather suspect that the routines to
set the window title in LUI may predate its update to full unicode
support (using the pango library).

to aid debugging, there should be a file ‘yzlui.debug.jcrowgey’ (or
the like), probably in your ‘/tmp/’ directory.  could you email that
file

it should contain the full commands sent from the LKB to LUI and
should be encoded in UTF-8.  the string transmitted as the window
title occurs towards the end of the ‘tree’ command, for example.

best, oe