[developers] Browsing items with lexical coverage using itsdb profiles created with pydelphin/ace

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Fri Sep 27 21:32:13 CEST 2019

hi kristen,

i had to peak at the [incr tsdb()] code myself; 'Browse Errors' will
extract all items where the 'error' field (in the 'parse' relation) is
a non-empty string.  so, if nothing comes up there, presumably there
either were not errors, or ACE does not populate that field?

likewise, the pre-canned 'unproblematic' condition amounts to 'error
== ""', i.e. an empty string in that field.  to some degree, what to
consider an 'error' is arguably up to the parsing engine.  from
memory, i believe that both the LKB and PET will generate some
descriptive 'error' string for example in case of missing lexical
entries for some of the input tokens.

it appears that ACE (or pyDelphin, not sure about the division of
labor here) maybe simply does not populate the 'error' field in the
profiles that it generates?

best wishes, oe