[developers] LUI binaries in the main LKB repository

Chris Curtis cmc3c at uw.edu
Fri Dec 13 17:32:34 CET 2019

No worries! One of the nice things about the Summits is we don’t need name badges — but that means we also don’t *have* name badges. :)

When I last looked at it I started from porting the YZ framework, since that would support keeping the LUI code itself maximally common across platforms. With the changes in macOS APIs, it *may* make more sense to back off to LUI interface-level compatibility, but I haven’t looked at it closely enough yet to have a good sense of the relative effort involved.

 (Olga, my Lakota grammar needs Unicode, so that’s definitely a priority for me. :)

I will of course keep it integrated with the main codebase as much as possible.

—chris