[developers] Infrastructure notes

Olga Zamaraeva olzama at uw.edu
Sat Jul 18 09:59:02 CEST 2020

Hi Michael,

> Discourse should not supplant the mailing list unless [...] (b) we can
import the existing list archives or find another solution for archival.

When I started advocating for a Discourse website---primarily because it is
easier to organize figures and code and to mark specific posts as being the
solutions to specific questions, which greatly improves discoverability;
so, very much not plain text---I was certainly operating under the
assumption that such an import is possible (
https://meta.discourse.org/t/importing-mailing-lists-mbox-listserv-google-groups-emails/79773
).

--
Olga Zamaraeva