[lkb] Re: Looking for a Comparative Grammar

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 6 16:54:15 CEST 2005

Dear Ahmad,

I doubt that what you seek exists in general and
I can say with near certainty that no such thing exists
in an LKB-compatible framework: you'd need to build it.

However, the main MT paradigm used by folks working
with the LKB/other DELPH-IN resources is to do
semantics (MRS) level transfer.  For more on how
this works, see the publications of the LOGON project:

www.emmtee.net

As you'll see there, that project involves the combined
efforts of many people.  While there may be some results
you can build on from other work, I fear that you'll
need to scale back the goals of your project.

Emily