[lkb] Getting Parse results from LKB

Bernhard Fisseni bfi at ikp.uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 16 23:04:52 CEST 2006

Scripsit Ann Copestake diē 16.10.2006 21:52:
> bfi at ikp.uni-bonn.de said:
>> Thanks, it seems it loads in sbcl now ("test" version, not "latest") –  some
>> success!  And I suppose, the memory issue is responsible for the  following
>> message I get when I try to load GG or ERG?
>
>>    fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 1117:
>>    fake_foreign_call fell through
>
> I don't know, but that's not the error Ben reported, which was
>
>> Argh! gc_find_freeish_pages failed (restart_page), nbytes=4456456.
>
> The SBCL discussion is all on the developers list - e.g.,
> http://lists.delph-in.net/archive/developers/2006/000566.html
> I don't have any other info since I haven't tried it

I'll have a look at that tomorrow, thanks for the pointer!

> Actually I'd be worried that that the error you have is due to something else
> - have you tried on a smaller grammar?  you might also have to have an up to

(read-script-file-aux "lkb/src/data/esslli2k/grammars/grammar9/script")
works.  So it might be some kind of memory problem.  Under Linux (under
Parallels, 1 of the 1.5 GB on the Mac; no bigger memory in sight), I get
a heap exhaustion for ERG; maybe the fake_foreign_call is a Mac OS problem?

> date version of the ERG / GG.  If it isn't the memory problem, you might want
> to email the developers list with a trace - it's probably better to have the
> discussion there than on lkb.  or you can email me and I'll forward it.

I don't get a real trace; the script stops with
   [...]
   Reading preprocessor rules `rondane.fsr'
   fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 652:
   fake_foreign_call fell through
   LDB monitor
   ldb>

Is there any way to produce something more useful?  (Posting this short
message to the developers' list will only amuse people, won't it?)

Thanks,
Bernhard