[matrix] Type hierarchy in Latex and Grammar Developers' Mailing List

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 2 22:17:59 CET 2007

Hello Alexandros,

> Which is the ideal method to represent large hpsg type hierarchies in
> LaTex? I have tried qtree with a relatively small type hierarchy of 20
> descendants but it does not fit to page after compilation of the LaTeX
> document.

In my experience, if I am formatting a type hierarchy for
a paper, I find that I need more fine-grained control over
the placement of nodes than is available in my favorite
tree drawing package (rtrees.sty).  At that point, I drop down
to basics and construct the tree with tree-dvips.sty.  It's a bit
more involved, but it works (up to the physical limitations
of page size).  Some details can be found in my ancient latex
tutorial, still available on this page:

http://mally.stanford.edu/~sr/computing/latex.html

> This is actually not the right mailing list to post this question but I'm
> afraid that neither is any of the rest delphin lists. A
> mailing list/forum for grammar-developers for grammar engineering and
> documentation issues has been proposed once and I think it was also
> mentioned in Norway. Is there any progress in this
> respect?

Perhaps you're referring to the DTSL wiki?  That is still
in the works, stalled because everyone's so busy...

Emily