[matrix] Adding adjectives to the lexicon in LKB

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 24 15:32:24 CET 2007

Dear Nidhi,

Following a lexicalist strategy, I would suggest that you
locate the agreement constraints in the lexical entries
for the adjectives (or in the lexical rules which produce
the inflected forms of the adjectives).  The head-modifier
rules identify the MOD value of modifiers with the LOCAL
value of the heads.  This means that an adjective with
say plural agreement marking should constrain the feature
structure inside its MOD value to be [NUM pl] (at the appropriate
point within the feature geometry).

Emily