[matrix] matrix - general HOOK and PRED

Dan Flickinger danf at csli.stanford.edu
Mon May 21 17:55:10 CEST 2007

Hi Gertrud -

Let me take your third question first, about the Minimal Recursion Semantics
representations we build in the Matrix.  We have an unpublished practical
guide to MRS composition for Matrix grammars, which you can find on the
Matrix web page:

   www.delph-in.net/matrix

Down toward the bottom of this page you'll find a list of papers, and the
relevant one here is

Flickinger, Dan, Emily M. Bender and Stephan Oepen. 2003. MRS in the LinGO
  Grammar Matrix: A Practical User's Guide. ms.

For a more careful introduction to the design principles and goals of the
MRS framework, see the following 2005 paper:
Ann Copestake, Dan Flickinger, Ivan Sag and Carl Pollard. Minimal Recursion
  Semantics: An introduction.  Journal of Research on Language and
  Computation, 3(2--3), pages 281-3
which you can find online at
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~aac10/papers.html

These should help to get you started.