[matrix] need a clarification

Altaf Mahmud altaf.mahmud at gmail.com
Sat May 26 12:39:11 CEST 2007

hi,

I need a further clarification of a point of "Case --- case marking
adpositions" section at Lab-05:

"If your language has free word order but the adpositions can only occur on
one side of the noun  (i.e., they're strictly prepositions or
postpositions), you'll need to constrain one of your  head-complement rules
to exclude adpositions as head daugthers. You can do this by constraining
the HEAD value of the HEAD-DTR of the head-comp rule that does not allow
adpositions to be +nvjrcdmo."

I didn't understand that how this constraint on HEAD value can restricts the
postpositions to be occured after noun? I couldn't find
the solution too. Although LKB has an alternative solution for negation, but
I failed to solve this. Can anyone please help me out for the solution? Any
hints?

Thank you.

--
-Altaf