[developers] Difference between neg_rel/modifiers and modals

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Thu May 11 22:13:34 CEST 2017

Thanks, Ann, for the quick reply!  This connects to other things I've been
curious about recently, including how we decide if something like
"unexpectedly"
is scopal or not. Also, in (3), unexpectedly could be a sentence-initial
discourse
adverb (scopal?) or an adverb extracted from lower in the clause...

Emily